Friday, March 1, 2013

A Fab Feb

It has been a wonderful month of February! So many exciting things have happened that I hardly know where to start. So let me start with my parents' visit...

My parents came to visit me at Good Shepherd's Fold for ten days! Although my dad already wrote about their experience in the last post, let me reiterate that we had an amazing time together. One of the missionaries said, "There's nothing more special than when your parents come to visit," and (although they were my first guests) I can't help but agree. What a gift to have them for those ten days. We served alongside of each other, talked late into the night to catch up on lost time, met all of my GSF "family", and rode bodas together. That's right, my mom rode a boda (motorcycle) all over the country of Uganda! Well, not all over, but she definitely could have - don't let her tell you otherwise! It was one unforgettable time and I am SO thankful that they took the trip out here. I know my parents are talking more about their trip to GSF at Community Evangelical Free Church this Sunday evening. So, if you're around Elverson, PA, you should put it on your calendar!

Mom and I ready to take her first boda ride!
Out for dinner at the Haven =) The water behind us is the Nile river

Just when I thought my time with mom and dad couldn't get better, Daniel came out to visit while they were here. So, on Saturday evening my parents, Daniel, Casia, and I went for dinner at The Haven, a picturesque restaurant planted right along the Nile river. After we enjoyed a rather delicious dinner, Daniel proposed...and of course I said yes! How exciting it was to share the joy with one of my dearest friends and my parents. Besides that, I now get to look forward to spending the rest of my life with Daniel! I couldn't be more pleased with God's pick as my partner =) When are we getting married? Good question. We're still praying about it, so please pray with us! 

Daniel in action
And the deed is done! 

The toddler house renovation = complete! After a long process of putting in a new playground, redoing the entire floor, tiling the showers, and repainting the entire house, the toddlers got to move back into their house! The best part of moving everything back was putting together the playroom. Just months ago, some stuffed animals and some worn blocks and play cars were the extent of the toddler toys. My sister Carly and her friends, my sister Katelyn and her church One Hope in Longview Texas, and my mother along with the children's ministry of Community Evangelical Free Church of Elverson PA have spent the last 4 months sending boxes and BOXES of toys to fill up the toddler house. It's been a great gift for the toddlers to enjoy, and they are loving all of their new toys!! 

The playroom all ready for the kids!

One of the bedrooms. New floors and new walls!

Yes, the closest always look this good. I think the aunties should give me lessons on how to keep my own closets this organized!
Toy time!! 

Sweet Leticia wore that veil all day!
Efrance playing with her new baby and food
Danny making some music!
Rockstar Gloria


Amidst all of the February excitement, I had to say goodbye to my amazing friend Casia. Casia has been with me my entire time in Uganda and we grew to be tight friends. She opened the toddler house here at GSF, but after problems with her back, she decided it was time to go home and get surgery. I'm so sad that she is gone, but I'm thankful for the time that we did have together. I'm still scheming a way to get her back here..


GSF welcomed two new boys into the family this week! Charles, 3 years old, and Innocent, 1 year old, are currently transitioning into their new life here at GSF. I can't help but think of physical, mental, and emotional shock that it must be for the entire little selves.

Charles (left) and Innocent (right)

That's enough Corinne and GSF news! If you made it through the entire thing, I applaud you :) Let me wrap up with some prayer requests:

1. Pray for Charles and Innocent as they adjust to GSF.
2. Pray that God would direct Daniel and I as we start planning the logistics of our wedding and future together. 
3. Pray for Casia and she returns to life in America. Also pray for me as I learn to live without my best friend!
4. Daniel and I are traveling to Mbarara this weekend to meet with George, the Ugandan bishop that CEFC has been doing missions alongside of. Please pray that the trip would be productive and fruitful and we discuss George's vision to start and orphanage. 
5. Praise God for a wonderful visit with my parents!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great update Corinne! So happy to hear how God is working in your life, those you love and your GSF family. We are praying for you and appreciate knowingly how to pray. It is amazing how prayer can make you feel nearby. Much love and many blessings to you. Len & Ruthie

    ReplyDelete