Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Week In Pictures

Samaritan's Purse came to Good Shepherd's Fold to hand out some Operation Christmas Child boxes! I don't know how many of you have participated in this ministry from stateside, but it sure was neat to be on the "receiving end" and watch the children excitedly open their gifts. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!



Katie and I took a handful of our boys from GSF to Hope Children's Home, a Ugandan-run neighboring orphanage. The boys served the children of Hope Children's Home by digging in the gardens and playing with the other kids. The GSF boys experienced the joy of serving others! 



Good Shepherd's Fold welcomed two new little children this week - Eseza and Brian. They are so sweet and have transitioned well into the toddler house. Click here to see more pictures of the loving siblings! Please pray for Eseza and Brian as they continue to transition into the toddler house here at GSF.


I got to celebrate my birthday! Daniel took me out for wonderful dinner in Kampala the weekend before my birthday. 


Katie and Dayna continued the celebration of my 23rd year in various ways. They rallied all of the GSF child to "water" me (it is what it sounds like), spoiled me with a day of pampering, and finished the day off with a surprise overnight stay at King Fisher, a local resort! (I use the word "resort" loosely, but it really was so much fun). 

The kids soaking me in water! 

The little rascals 
Dinner in town with Dayna!
A late swim with Katie =)

Of course every week includes church! Here is a picture of the outside of Light of the World church. It's packed out each Sunday; last week was standing room only! It is neat to watch God's hand at work in the body of Christ. Please pray that God's Spirit would continue to transform lives through and in Light of the World church! 


Thank you so much for your continued prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment