Monday, September 2, 2013

Love Never Fails :: Wedding

A month and a half ago I boarded the airplane and started my journey from Uganda to Pennsylvania. Although only an ocean apart, these countries feel like worlds apart. And yet my God is equally present in both. It's a good thing that He is present, because I surely wasn't for a couple days - jet lag can be a beast! I'm thankful for the 40+ hours it took for me to travel from Uganda to Pennsylvania - it gave me a chance to breathe and retreat before my feet hit the ground running. That's what wedding planning can feel like. I don't mean that in a bad way; I enjoy running, and I enjoyed preparing for the climactic day when I became one with Daniel Iya. But let's be honest - running is tiring, and sometimes gasping for the grace of God is the only form of sustenance. 

I came back from Uganda to get married to Daniel, and get married we did! On August 15th, we committed our lives to each other before the presence of our families, closest friends, and of course our Lord and Savior. With a mere 40 guests, our wedding day was intimate and exactly what we yearned for after being in Uganda: a time of reunion with our families. Daniel's parents came from Nigeria, and the rest of our family came from various states throughout America to celebrate our marriage. It truly was a sweet time overflowing with fellowship and blessing that can only be found in the Spirit. 


My brother, Caleb, and Daniel's brother, Paul, read scripture

My dad prayed in English and Daniel's dad prayed in Hausa

My brother in law, David Canche, sang Love Never Fails by Brandon Heath at the ceremony

This picture (and only this one) was taken by our photographer, Heather Green
Some of our wonderful guests who traveled from all over (Texas, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Arizona) to come to the wedding!

Daniel's parents (left) and their friends, the Buges (right)


First dance

One of my sisters, Katelyn, and her wonderful family!
Daniel's long time friend and best man, Rabo, and his family

It's not a party without some dancing!

This is my beloved, this is my friend..

Following a wonderful honeymoon in the Bahamas, Daniel and I moved to Terre Hill, PA where we will live until January. Come January, we will return to Good Shepherd's Fold Babies & Children's Home. What will we be doing until then? Daniel and I will attend Westminster Theological Seminary (Daniel as a full-time student and me as an auditor), and I will continue my ministry as the sponsorship coordinator for GSF. Keep an eye out for updates!

A video from our wedding day, shot and edited by Kent Mast. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Did you and Daniel adopt all of those kids already?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is an AMAZING picture on this post...Can you find it???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing and updating your blog! What pleasure to see how the Lord has worked in your lives to bring you two together and NOW what F U N to see what God will do with the two of you
    T O G E T H E R! We look forward to seeing Mr and Mrs. Iya at CEFC and getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete