Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My Bags Are Packed

My bags are packed and I'm tucked into my bed for my last night here in Uganda. My mind is spinning as I think back to nearly a year ago when I said goodbyes on the other side of the ocean. There's great sadness and happiness that comes with goodbyes and hellos, from leaving one place and entering a new one. More than anything it feels like a whole lot of transitions that require a whole lot of faith. I left America not knowing how long I would be in Uganda. I said goodbye to my family, friends, and Daniel, hoping to see them sooner rather than later but knowing that timing was truly indefinite. I packed my bags and traveled into a land of unknowns. But it was only unknown to me. God knew it would be 357 days until I packed to return to America. He knew exactly what each day would entail here in Uganda, things that I could never have imagined. God knew He would bring Daniel to Uganda, filling his heart with a passion and calling to serve Jesus Christ here. He knew all things then, and He knows all things now. So although my bags are packed and I've said too many goodbyes for my heart to handle, God knows when I'll be returning. I hope that my hellos are sooner rather than later, but it's time for me to take another journey into a land of transitions and unknowns, knowing that He will fill each day and moment with His grace.

17 hours until I take off for America! I would appreciate all of your prayers as I transition back into my other home =) I am so excited to see my new nieces!

1 comment: